Exeter Anti Cuts Alliance
Agenda - 15th September 2010
- Welcome and Introductions
- Personal introductions
- What union/party/sector are you from?
- Purpose of the Anti Cuts Alliance
- We are part of the Coalition of Resistance
- We are responding to calls from the TUC to fight the cuts
- The Alliance is not party political
- What can we do locally – defining our aims
- Freshers week
- Street stall on 20th October
- Media profile – Local and National CoR website
- County wide/national coordination
- Plymouth Fightback/Right to Work Campaign
- Devon People's Charter committee
- Electing an organising committee to coordinate future meetings
- Exchanging contact details of everyone in group
- Any other business
- Date of next meeting
General Statement from the Anti-Cuts blog/Facebook group
Exeter Anti-Cuts Alliance is a federal organization that seeks to organize individuals, trade unions, charities, students and community groups who refuse to be ConDemned to cuts, closures and privatisation – the price we are paying for a crisis caused by casino economics. Cuts to our living standards, health, education and hard won benefits are not inevitable. Help us build this group so we can create an all Devon Anti-Cuts Alliance that will put a stop to the jobs massacre and the assault on our public services.
1. We are forming a group along federal lines to oppose the cuts and want as broad as possible a coalition of groups to join us.
2. We believe that the cuts are ideological, based on the dictatorship of the markets along with Tory small government ideology.
3. The concept that the cuts are necessary is a marketing ploy to hoodwink the electorate.
4. The cuts are far from being sustainable and will lead to a further increase in the division between rich and poor.
5. The best way of opposing the cuts is to propose a positive, progressive alternative budget and we welcome input to that process, especially with regard to sustainability.